Due to its HUNGARNET membership NIIF Institute is capable of registering domains under .hu domain.
IIF also provides primary as well as secondary DNS servers for those registrants who need any of these.
Practical information related to domain registration:
- Domain registration is performed in accordance with the regulations of the Hungarian Internet Providers Council (ISZT , Internet Szolgáltatók Tanácsa). In case of a new domain registration it is possible to check the domain availability in the public database. This database can also be queried by using whois command-line client as whois -h whois.nic.hu mydomain.hu.
- In case of a new domain registration, the registration form needs to be completed, signed and submitted via courier to the following address: NIIF Intézet, 1396 Budapest 62 Pf. 498.
- Before registering the domain, the technical conditions should be met in terms of operational primary and secondary servers. If these servers needs to be hosted by NIIF, please contact NIIF preliminary!
- The eligibility of technical conditions can be checked by this tool.
- It is possible to register punctuated domain names. Check out the following link for details!
If you have any questions related to domain name registration, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com!