Note: NIIF CA issues certificates only for the members of the Hungarian academic community, and only for well defined purposes! Both personal certificates and server/device certificates may be requested.
In order to get a personal certificate, requestor must be properly authenticated by a member of the HREF (Hungarian Research & Education Federation) AAI. (List of federation members )
If your home institution is not a member of HREF AAI, your credentials must be loaded into a special credential store called Parners' Identity Provider. This is a virtual home organization for enabling HREF AAI federated services for users without an Identity Provider.
To obtain a certificate, carefully follow the steps below:
- Read the relevant policy documents
- Make sure you understand and accept all the rules and obligations which are described in the above documents.
- Download the "Pre-Authorization Request Form " fill it out and sign it. Attach all the requested documents. Send it to the NIIF CA Registration Authority by regular mail.
If your institution is not a member of HREF AAI , please fill in NIIF Partners' IdP Privacy Statement Form (in Hungarian) as well! Signed form should be sent to NIIF RA along with the above documents.
- Wait for the response of the RA which will be sent out to you by email. Steps to enroll your certificate request are described in the email.
- Enroll your certificate request on-line following the instructions received from the RA.
- Visit the RA administrator personally during the published RA office hours, in order to identify yourself. Don't forget to take your photo ID with you!
- Wait for your signed certificate which will be sent to you by email.
If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact the NIIF CA staff!